Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Retail Therapy and Skinny Jeans

I haven't shopped for clothes in a long time. I'm not one to get big into the shopping thing. When I do set out to be a good American consumer, I like to take a friend or 2 along. Moral support is important for me when I shop. I tend to talk myself out of buying stuff. If I look at something long enough, I can talk myself out of making the purchase. There's nothing like a girlfriend saying "ooo, that looks CUTE!" to get you to whip out the ol' debit card and buy stuff.

Today was different. I went to 3 locally owned stores in my town (all by myself) chatted with the owners, and I bought stuff. A couple of dresses, some shirts, super-cute boots, some fleece-lined leggings (engineering genius), and, much to my surprise, I purchased some Skinny Jeans. yep. 
In my mind, I look like this in them:  
So if you see me walking around in these things, please don't tell me otherwise.

To balance off all that crazy clothes-buying, I also got the book, The Night Circus. I look forward to reading it. 

2 comments:

  1. In my mind you are
    Not wearing that silly black
    Shirt or those lame shoes.

    lsr

    ReplyDelete