Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Unitasker

I've been reading the Unclutterer blog. Every Wednesday, they feature a "unitasker." That's an item that was created and marketed for one purpose. Usually, it's an unnecessary item as other items can accomplish the same task and take up less space in your home. 
We went to a Pampered Chef party at my Mom's house today.
They do offer a few useful items, mostly overpriced, but the thing that caught my attention was the amount of "unitaskers" they have available. Mango slicer, Corn kerneler, pineapple corer, peeler, slicer. 
These items will take up space in a cabinet or drawer, and a single knife can do as good a job while taking up less space in the kitchen. 
The thing is, this company is making these products and it seems someone is buying them, as they have been in business for a while. I have this mental image of some middle aged woman with kitchen cabinets overflowing with "unitaskers." 
Today, I bought a vegetable basket for the grill. It's something I didn't have, and makes a lot more sense to me than an avocado peeler.
Do you have a favorite kitchen gadget?

2 comments:

  1. Those veggie baskets for the grill are awesome. I'm on the same page as you when it comes to the Pampered Chef thing. I'm curious at the percentage of actual chefs out there that really like Pampered Chef

    ReplyDelete