Monday, September 19, 2011

Taking the Ta-Tas for a Run

I went running today.
I am not one to consider myself a runner. I did run on the track & field team when I was in 7th grade, but couldn't get far in this town without puking. Really. At that time the now closed pulp mill was burping away and I did and still do think that the sulfur and chlorine gasses that came from it were hard for me to run in.
Or, and this may be more likely, I'm a wimpy runner. I have bunions on my feet. They look gross, but, more importantly, running can really irritate them.
Then there's the boobs. I've got some, and they really do ache after all the, um, bouncy running. They also tend to affect my back, so yeah, ow.
Then I finally found myself a pair of "barefoot" shoes that are fun to run in. And a damn good bra store that has great supportive sports bras. And voila! Running really can be fun!
There are 6 steep hills in my neighborhood. I live near the top of one of them. It's a great workout to jog to the end of one street and run up and down the hills. Sure, it would probably be easier to run on flat ground, but where's the fun in that? Also, I can get a real good workout in about 15 minutes on those hills. It's not likely I'll be a big-time runner any time in the future, but at least I can enjoy myself while I'm doing it.
All that running built up an appetite:
Yep. That's a vegetarian Sloppy Joe with a glass of red. On ice. I'm classy that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment