Sunday, September 18, 2011

Welcome to My Universe

Something cool happens in my life every day. 
It might just be that I get a kick out of the little things. Either way, I think my Universe is cool enough to blog about. Enjoy.
What happened today? Well, the day is still young. So far, I'm actually feeling a bit crappy so I'm laying low around the house. We harvested some goodness from the garden, including green tomatoes, Swiss chard, a few small cukes, some accidental ornamental squash, and a pile of sunchokes, which I intend to roast for dinner. 
Also, I'm exploring the potato in it's many forms. The breakfast in bed* my awesome husband and lil' one brought me included a heap of home fries. Then there's the leftover potato-leek soup I devoured at lunch. Of course, I couldn't ignore those salt and vinegar chips in the cupboard. We'll roast up some potatoes with the sunchokes later. And much later? Vodka martinis in the hot tub*? Sure, why not. Potatoes are actually pretty good for you, with loads of vitamins C,B6, Potassium and Iron, among other things. Plus, we had a wicked good potato harvest this year, so that's what's on the menu.
The coolest thing so far today? My husband is finally starting to draw out the plans for our awesome new tile shower* and when he opened the box to check out the shower base, it was severely over-packed and loaded with packing peanuts! 
Here's the wee one making good use of those peanuts:
See how exciting my life can be?

*some examples of why I call it My Universe.

1 comment:

  1. yes only in your universe does a martini contain vodka :P

    ReplyDelete